- Middle market focus
- R25 Million to R500 Million equity investments
- R50 Million to R1 Billion enterprise value
- Paean Private Equity deal profile
- Target average deal size R100 Million.
- South Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Southern Africa Development Community ('SADC') : Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- East Africa: Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
Investee company characteristics
- Quality unlisted businesses with a track record, well managed by an experienced team, competitively positioned and positive cash flows, that have the potential to grow.
- Direct investment in South Africa
- Partnerships in SADC
- Majority and minority stakes.
- All sectors
- Primary focus: consumer, infrastructure, mining, industrial, logistics and tourism.
- Late stage buy-out and growth capital.